- Back to Home »
- Personal Transition: Day 4 - Reflection
I’m posting twice today because I forgot to post yesterday. I hope that isn’t confusing. Also, on time posts, like this one, are a day behind my actual progress to provide complete and full details of the day.
At 5am this morning, I overcame the urge to skip working out. I was getting dressed and realized my swim trunks were still wet in the washer. I stood in the dark for probably two minutes deciding if I should just go back to bed, put them in the dryer, or find other swim trunks. I put them in the dry and found other shorts to wear.
I share that information because it was a milestone in my willpower. Normally, I would’ve just gone back to bed. However, that would have accomplished nothing. If anyone is reading this for inspiration, don’t give in to temptation or the easy way, you can reach your goal if you just build up you willpower.
While I was walking on the treadmill, I saw a few fit teenagers working out in the weight section. It took me back to something I said along time ago. In reference to a giant sized man of probably 450 or so, I declared “if I get that big, just shoot me.” I wondered if that’s what those youngsters think when the see someone like me. I certainly never wanted to be this big. I began wondering how I got here.
The short answer is overindulgence and laziness. I think part of it is my genes. I will never be 110lbs skinny. I think my Skeleton weighs more than that. My wrist bone is 3-4 times bigger than Chelsea’s. There is some truth to being big boned…that isn’t a dirty joke. My real initial weight gain started near my exodus from high school. I wasn’t nearly as active as I was after leaving. I got a desk job. I drank copious amounts of regular soda. I was probably around 250lbs then (approximately 2001). A couple more years of that aligned with a lightly active lifestyle saw me creep up to 300lbs. By 2005, I was 350. I got sick of it and worked out ferociously for a year. I dropped down to 270. I got cocky. I got lazy. I got fat again. Here I sit, walking the same road I did eight, crap its been that long, years ago. It feels like last week. I haven’t exercise in like 6.5 years. No wonder I gained weight.
Maybe the change will stick this time.
Notes on eating: Lunch was provided by my employer today. I had a roast beef wrap which included a wheat tortilla, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. I discovered that potato salad is high in calories. Another sad day for one of my favorite foods. 1 cups can be between 230 and 350 calories depending on how it was made. Even more, if it is gourmet with bacon. I also had two chocolate chip cookies. Between the cookies and the potato salad I could’ve had another entire wrap.
For dinner, I had the Happy Family from local Asian restaurant Misolsol China. They are always so friendly there. I also partook in several Chinese donuts. So good, but so not healthy. I did, for the first time in who knows how long, get full and not finish my meal. It was a weird feeling to be full and still have food left. I’m not sure I like it. I felt like I wasted money.
Caloric Information:
| Calories In:2240 | Calories Burned: 942 |
| Breakfast: 224 | Walk: 390 |
| Lunch: 906 | Gym: 0 |
| Dinner: 1110 | Swim: 552 |
Net Calories: +1298
Normal Daily Calorie Intake: 4100 (at the beginning of this process)
Daily Calorie Intake Goal: 2500 (-260 calories)
If you aren’t reading this at big2buff.com, you should be.
Go Mobile About Author
So proud of you baby I love you oh so much! U can do it